Wednesday 4 March 2009

Snowball in my face - Dream 4

Standing on a balcony overlooking a courtyard
in which people are standing
in groups of two or three. It is snowing.
I am with…who? Can’t remember who. Friends
or family. I pick up a snowball and toss it
at someone down below
whom I know.
I miss and so try another throw.
The snowball hits a man squarely in the mush. I step back
from the balcony, cringing
with embarrassment. Then
I return
to the balcony
with my hands in front of my face
in a gesture
of supplication
as if
to say
“Sorry sorry please forgive me.”
I seem to feel that these
gestures are useless
so I shout down “You can have
a free shot at my face. How’s that?”
I scoot off down to the courtyard.
The man takes aim and chucks his snowball straight into my face.
I make an exaggerated backward fall as if I’ve been shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment