Friday 26 March 2010

control

I think the problem lies
vuile vuil, hele donkere jurk
with the use of 'control'
in the original English sentence,
slakken en hamsters

It literally means to have power
over how others see you,
so not to allow people free will
ambachtelijk to have their own
opinions about you.

This is not, I think korst, what you mean.
In the Dutch and the subequent back-translation,
Tilburg boven Keltische ochtenden,
you seem to arrive at a better sentence
i.e. Ik ben zeer gemotiveerd om anderen
te beinvloeden hoe ze over me denken.
(I'm highly motivated to influence
wirwar how others see me.)

Is that what you want to say?
I mean, I gelukkig gelukkig, Gulag
lagen assume you are not seeking powers
of mind-control!
So the back-translation works, right?
tik

No comments:

Post a Comment