Thursday 28 January 2010

I CAN ONLY SPOOK FOR MYSELF

I’m stronger and fitter and faster at night
I’ll show you things to melt your soul
The blood of giants spread thick on hope toast
We drink the coffee of crisis, sweetened with chaos

I am falling for you with a parachute made of old dreams
I’ll hit the ground hard enough to break my wooden leg
But there’s no pain, just my ambition and fear and my pistolet
Filled with the hideous uncertainty of iceberg lettuce

What? Is this world coming too?
Volcanos ejaculating, floods gushing, winds screaming
We’ve fucked the earth for too long
And now we have ordered a carpaccio of climax, a global orgasm

I’ve got my goose and you’ve got your giggles
And so we will attack the Palace with bread rolls of Mora
Spek en spek en spek en nog eens spek
Spetterend soms stotterend nep netvlies

Glad en galjoen, poep en pop en poen, en groen groene golven
Tussen vooruitgang en Letterman ga ik
Mijn personality nuttigen
Om vervolgens mijn karakter uit te kotsen

Verhaaltje in je oor? Orgels en orkanen – luister, ik fluister
Terwijl wij klakkeloos vallen en aanvallen
Als baby draken, zonder plan, zonder vuur
They just breath in and out like fart cushions

Did you catch that, butter fingers?
If you’re not gonna stay for the show, fly away
With rotten teeth, a toetje heks
I’ll follow you in a low-speed car chase

Like Marlon Brando
I’ve nothing left. Hun hebben alles, ik heb alleen tiks
En de bips van de kassa bij de Apie Heijn
Wat ik na aap: bip bip bip

Mijn jasje wil vliegen. De mouwen zijn vleugels
Het opwaarderen van mijn zelfvertrouw is gelukt
And I’m outsourcing decision-making to my twitterfollowers
Terwijl ik inadem, uitadem en geniet van de uitzicht.

Ach, het is nie anders

Gangsters hebben mijn huis opgeblazen
Thieves have eaten my bread rolls of Mora & pissed on my ducks
Spruitjes hebben mij in de maling genomen met piepstemmen
En ik heb een klein velletje papier gevonden met m’n naam d’erop

My computer is closing down and I’m alive

No comments:

Post a Comment